Friday 6 July 2012

Confetti Nails Tutorial


Confetti Nails

A simple and very quick tutorial for you that you can do without any tools or brushes. The best thing to do if you want to recreate this is choose a brand of polish that comes with a nice thin brush. I have relatively narrow nails and I wanted to be able to make smallish dots clustered at the tips so I went with predominantly Barry M colours with a little added Essie and Illamasqua to get the mix of colours I wanted.

First I painted one coat of my base colour which is Barry M Grey. Barry M polishes are some of the best value polishes I have in my collection. They come in a wide range of colours and tend to be one coaters that dry to a great high shine finish. I didn't have any topcoat on here so you can get an idea of just how shiny they are straight out of the bottle.
Once the base coat is completely dry you can add your spots. For the spots here I used a mix of Barry M Spring Green & Cyan Blue, Essie Bright Tights (orange)and Illamasqua Jo’Mina (lilac). I started with one colour and went over all of my nails making dots in that colour. I applied them directly from the bottle making sure to wipe off any excess polish so you don't end up with overly large spots. I then repeated this with the other colours in sequence. I didn't wait for the spots to dry completely although I did avoid overlapping any spots until I was sure the spot I was overlapping was dry. Once your spots are dry you're done! The possibilities for colour combinations on this are endless so you can experiment with different looks really easily, I'm planning a future post on this with an ombré twist to look out for that one!


No comments:

Post a Comment