Sunday 8 July 2012

Chanel Fall 2012 Couture Nails featuring Chanel Diwali & Harrods Customer Service


Chanel Diwali

This is Chanel Diwali from the Bombay Express collection.It was featured in the Chanel Métiers d’Art runway collection back in December. It's silver-gold loveliness from the same Chanel family as Delight and Graphite. Chanel have really been nailing this super shimmery metallic formula recently and Diwali is no exception. Application is good although you will need more than one coat to make it opaque. It's a very light shimmery champagne gold that is named for Diwali, the festival of lights that is celebrated between mid-October to mid-December.

This post has ended up being a kill two birds with one stone one for me as I had a post in mind on the manicure featured at the Chanel Fall 2012 Couture runway show. The following image is from of Style.com
Chanel Fall 2012 Couture Nails
The colours used for this were Chanel May which I do have and Chanel Silver, which is a discontinued shade from 2007 which is not part of my collection. I toyed with the idea of using another silver polish from my stash but decided to use Diwali instead to recreate a similar effect.


Chanel Fall 2012 Couture Nails with Chanel Diwali and May
 This is a super easy technique to use provided you have a relatively steady hand when it comes to standard nail painting. I just did two thin coats of Diwali first, starting close to my cuticle and  once they were dry, added one coat of May starting slightly inside the first colour line.

Just a quick addition about customer service that I wanted to share. I'd managed to completely miss that this collection was coming out last week, so whereas I normally drop in to the store on the day it comes out to make sure I can pick up a bottle, it was over a week after release that I suddenly saw an article on the Stylist website saying the collection had been released in a limited number of stores. I wasn't really relishing traipsing round the shops on a fruitless quest to track down a bottle but I remembered that Harrods have a twitter account - @Harrods

I sent them a tweet asking if they had it in stock (if you want to see the exchange I was using my other twitter account @laliqueheart so you can see it here - Tweet They not only got back to me to say they did but had obviously actually gone to the Chanel counter to check and tweeted a picture of the display - Picture

Whilst nail varnish probably doesn't move the needle in terms of the cost of items in their store, Chanel polishes aren't cheap in nail polish terms so if I'm going to part with my own money for them I'd rather give it to a store that will take the time to go out of their way to help a customer. The staff on the Chanel counter confirmed that the collection featuring Sky Line will be out next Friday so I'll be back then to pick that up as well.

Disclosure: I bought this polish with my own money and just to clarify neither I or anyone I know are associated with Harrods!

No comments:

Post a Comment